The AFIP certification program provides comprehensive dealership compliance training for financial services personnel with a working knowledge of the state and federal regulations that govern vehicle purchases. Many lenders, vendors and agents who service F&I operations have their field representatives AFIP-certified to support dealership compliance efforts. AFIP certification is the cornerstone to the dealer’s compliance program.
The AFIP curriculum is designed to give you a comprehensive understanding of the regulations and best practices that will make you successful. Our curriculum is delivered via up-to-date, online, interactive, multimedia technology. Online training makes it easy to access information and progress through the material at a pace that’s right for you.
Designed and delivered by university professors, industry veterans with 40+ years of experience, and DOJ-certified facilitators, AFIP’s curriculum provides current and accurate information from professionals working daily with F&I issues in automotive dealerships.
All AFIP certification programs include:
- New state-of-the-art AFIP LMS (Learning Management System)
- Shorter lesson modules to walk you through each section
- Downloadable audio files of the lecture series for portable study
- Required reading documents to supplement the course text
- Practice quizzes to gauge your progress
- Live virtual online classes and final review test prep classes conducted via Zoom
- Optional two-day certification boot camps at locations around the U.S. to facilitate the certification process
- Carlaw F&I Legal Desk Book (by the dealership lawyers at Hudson Cook)
- Access to your state specific laws and regulations
In addition to F&I compliance training, AFIP Certification also requires adherence to the AFIP Code of Ethics. AFIP has certified more than 70,000 people over the last 30 years.
Despite the amount of information covered in our F&I compliance training, there is a 88% pass rate for professionals attempting certification onsite. AFIP works with students until they master the material. We provide Spanish-language exams, tutoring, accommodations for disabilities and the opportunity to retest when needed.